Skip to: Content | Footer
California EBT Client Website

Stolen Benefits; Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Cards

If you believe your cash benefits were removed from your account by an unauthorized withdrawal, or your EBT card is lost, stolen, or damaged, call Customer Service right away at (877) 328-9677.

The customer service representative will stop the use of your card and will tell you how to get a new EBT card. It is important that you call Customer Service immediately because if someone uses your card and PIN to get benefits, these benefits will not be replaced. You must call Customer Service to report a lost or stolen card; do not call your county office.

If your EBT card is not working and you believe you still have benefits available, your card may be damaged. You should request a replacement card as soon as possible by either calling the Customer Service telephone number listed above or contacting your county office.

If you believe your cash benefits were removed from your account, and you did not use your EBT card and PIN to withdraw the cash, electronic theft may have occurred. Electronic theft is any loss of cash benefits taken by an unauthorized withdrawal, or use of benefits that does not occur by the use of a physical EBT card issued to the recipient or authorized third party to directly access the benefits.

The following three steps must be followed to report stolen cash benefits:

    *  Immediately call EBT Customer Service at (877) 328-9677 to speak to a Customer Service Representative to file a claim, and

    *  File a police report, and

    *  Contact your county office or county caseworker to complete a form to report the electronic theft. Click on the link below for the form: (English)

or (Spanish)